Looking for a healthy solution for a meal?
Try this delicious recipe from http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org
Take a trip to your local farmer's market and pick up the ingredients for this month's Healthy Recipe.
- 1 large yellow squash
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 medium size chicken breasts, pre-cooked and cubed
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice squash and eggplant lengthwise. In a bowl mix the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, black pepper. Brush squash and eggplant with this seasoning mixture.
- Grill the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or roast them in the oven under the broiler.
- Arrange squash, eggplant, basil and chicken in an 8×8 cooking dish and cover with tomato sauce.
- Heat in the oven 20 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.