Courtesy of our Nutritionist: Carole Griggs
- 1.5 cups cottage cheese
- 1.5 Red peppers, chopped
- 1.5 Onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery
- 5 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2.5 cups egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz fat free cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. ground lean turkey, precooked with pepper and cumin ground pepper nutmeg
- Cook peppers, onions, celery, and olive oil until onions start getting soft.
- Spread the cottage cheese on a 9x11 pan.
- Add the spinach over cottage cheese.
- Pour veggies and ground turkey over spinach.
- Beat eggs and egg whites until they have quite a bit of air in them, adding in ground pepper and nutmeg, then spread over veggies and turkey.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Cook 45 minutes at 350. Makes 4 servings.