In the mood for easy Italian? Turn up the flavor with this recipe for chicken breast fillets stuffed with mozzarella and basil then wrapped in prosciutto.
Chicken-Prosciutto Bundles Recipe
- 4 Fully Cooked Grilled Breast Fillets, thawed
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken on cutting board. Holding sharp knife horizontal to board, cut a 3-inch deep pocket lengthwise in the thick side of each breast.
- Place 2 basil leaves on each slice of mozzarella, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stuff each breast pocket with a cheese bundle. Wrap 2 slices prosciutto around each breast, anchoring with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in large oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken in skillet to oven; bake 12 minutes or until done (internal temp 170 degrees F).